Tonight, Kenta Maeda of the Dodgers goes up against Carlos Rodon (L) of the White Sox. Whether it’s fair or not, Kenta will need more help from the Dodgers offense than what Clayton Kershaw got last night. Tonight’s lineup features the right-handed side of certain platoons:
Meanwhile, the Dodgers success just keeps rolling along:
- Dodgers are now 2 games above the Astros for World Series home advantage.
- 30-4 over the last 34 games. The last time that happened in the MLB was in 1977 with the Kansas City Royals. The last time it happened in the NL was 1936 with the New York Giants.
- Lost to an NL opponent once in the past 34 games.
- 56-18 since Cody Bellinger joined the club.
- 40-6 when both Justin Turner and Cody Bellinger start the game.
- 29-4 since Justin Turner came off the disabled list.
- Swept eleven series this year, including the last three straight.
- Won ten straight going into tonight’s game.